We are currently seeking a Full-Time Family Support Navigator for our Family Support Center. This role supports families of people with developmental disabilities. The FS Navigator will work with the Director of Family Support and other team members to provide educational and outreach services to families. The Navigator will also work directly with families to connecting them with resources and programs and providing support during crises or transitions.
The ideal candidate will be energized and familiar with the concepts of Family Support within the disability rights framework and will demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of community resources for people with disabilities
- Excellent communication skills (Bilingual preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills and an Ability to work well in a team
- An understanding of the principles of advocacy and empowerment for families
- Complete Support Plans in collaboration with families and individuals with disabilities
- Provide outreach to the community by conducting educational webinars/seminars for parents, professionals and individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Provide consultation around resources available to individuals and families (i.e. DDS, MRC, Social Security, AFC, PCA, etc.)
- Develop knowledge of community resources to support families and individuals.
- Stay current on state and federal guidelines related to transitional and family support services and resources.
- Participate in managing the Family Support Center’s social media presence.
- Assist with grant proposals, and other fund development opportunities.
- Track and maintain information on referrals.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Three to five years of experience in the field required.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Satisfactory background check and driving record.
- Computer Skills including experience with Microsoft office is preferred.
Full Time Schedule: 40 hours per week, with flexible office and remote hours. May require evening hours.
Compensation Range: $25 per hour
To apply please send your resume to Katelyn Auclair at email@example.com.