A hub of information & resources!
We are honored to have been selected by the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS) as a new Family Support Center within the Merrimack Valley. Family Support has been at the core of our agency’s vision since its inception. With offices in both Haverhill and Newburyport, we are here to serve individuals with I/DD who live within our communities and the families who care for them.
The Arc of Greater Haverhill-Newburyport believes in the empowerment of families through education, and resource sharing. We value deep listening as a means to understanding the needs of each family and individual, while partnering with them to identify supports and resources for their unique situation. Our approach is based on respect for individuals and families, and recognition of their expertise, diversity, unique characteristics, and cultural and spiritual values. The voice of families is critical in driving social change and equal rights for people with disabilities.
To ensure that we remain current on the most relevant needs of individuals and families within the Merrimack Valley, we partner with various stakeholders via our Family Support Advisory Council. This group consists of individuals, parents, siblings and community providers who serve as advisors on family support at The Arc of GHN.
“Through the development and growth of relationships and natural support networks, we believe families can exercise control and direction over the opportunities available to them” – Luis Bachman, CEO
Family Supports we provide:
- Information and Referral resources throughout the lifespan
- Support Groups and Individual Consultations
- Opportunities to meet other families with similar challenges
- Workshops and Trainings
- Provide support on topics such as Social Security, Educational Advocacy, and Financial Planning
- Share expertise in transition from High School to Adult Services
- DDS approved Flexible Funding (referral only)
- Navigation support during times of crisis or transition (referral only)
We also offer a Recreation Program including cooking, craft making, coffee hour talks and more!
For additional information and a calendar of activities please click here.
View our Transition Resources below:
- Transition Resource Guide
- Transition Planning by Age
- Transition Timeline (Arc Mass)
- Transition Resources
- MA State & Local Agencies
- Adult Family Care (AFC) Info Session 5/6
- Virtual Transition Coffee Hour 5/11
- Merrimack Valley Self Advocates Meeting 5/13
- DDS Family Support Conference 5/27
How to Connect with Us:
Below are the eligibility requirements for accessing The Greater Haverhill-Newburyport Family Support Center services and activities:
- Live in the Merrimack Valley – Amesbury, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Merrimac, Methuen, Newbury, Newburyport, Rowley, Salisbury, or West Newbury.
- Be eligible, or potentially eligible, for services from the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) – Families must be caring for a loved one who has a developmental disability.
- Referral from DDS (for Flexible Funding or Navigation only)
Your family member has a referral from the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services (DDS).
Hours and Contact Information:
Monday-Friday from 10am to 4pm, by appointment only.
Extended hours are offered on the first and third Wednesday of the month via zoom from 5pm until 7:30pm, by appointment only.
For more information or to schedule a consult please contact Andrea Morris, Director of Family Supports, at email@example.com or at 978-373-0552 ext. 211.